There are many avenues you can take to purchase insurance plans. You can go directly to the insurance company, buy through a captive insurance agent, buy through a third party quote/compare/apply online website, or you can work with an insurance broker.
Many ask why should I buy insurance through a broker? Won’t I save money if I bypass them and go straight to the insurance company? The answer is “No”. You can’t save money by skipping an agent or broker. Insurance prices are regulated by the department of insurance and therefore can’t be changed unless the rates are refiled statewide. Commissions are already built into the prices whether you use a broker or not.
So if you are going to pay the same price, here are 5 reasons you should work with an insurance broker.
- Insurance brokers act as your personal advisor. They want to make YOU happy, not the insurance company. It is their sole purpose to make sure you get the best plan for your situation, and that can vary catastrophically when fine print is involved regarding exclusions and limitations.
- Brokers are independent agents, [not captive agents] allowing the flexibility to represent as many companies as they choose, in order to provide the best choices for clients. The last thing you want to do is get insurance advice from an agent who can only sell one company's products.
- Knowledge is very critical. There are a lot of options out there but each client’s needs vary. Having a broker who is experienced can save you valuable time and money by knowing the best plan offerings for your situation.
- Have you ever had an issue with a claim or billing issue? Then you probably know how frustrating that can be. Having a broker assigned to your policy is the most effective resolution in getting an issue resolved. Think of a broker as your “insurance lawyer” going to bat for you to get any issue fixed. The best part is that it doesn’t cost you anything extra. Simply contact your broker and let him know what problems you are facing.
- Trust. You simply need to trust that the insurance policy you are paying for will be there when you need it most. So you must trust your broker. Buying from a broker will give you the confidence knowing that the recommended coverage is right for your particular needs. Remember, a broker’s advice is independent of any insurance company, so their recommendations are always in your best interest.
Who is on your team?
©RiderSurance Insurance Services; LLC, All Rights Reserved. If you wish to share this content, do not copy and republish. Please link back to the original content found here.